FCC CUTS VIDS
A test touring heuristic.
- Feature tour: Move through the application and get familiar with all the controls and features you come across.
- Complexity tour: Find the five most complex things about the application.
- Claims tour: Find all the information in the product that tells you what the product does.
- Configuration tour: Attempt to find all the ways you can change settings in the product in a way that the application retains those settings.
- User tour: Imagine five users for the product and the information they would want from the product or the major features they would be interested in.
- Testability tour: Find all the features you can use as testability features and/or identify tools you have available that you can use to help in your testing.
- Scenario tour: Imagine five realistic scenarios for how the users identified in the user tour would use this product.
- Variability tour: Look for things you can change in the application - and then you try to change them.
- Interoperability tour: What does this application interact with?
- Data tour: Identify the major data elements of the application.
- Structure tour: Find everything you can about what comprises the physical product (code, interfaces, hardware, files, etc…).